What is Coaching?
Coaching can help you to make sense of your current situation and any changes or challenges you face in life or at work. As your coach, I’ll listen to you carefully and ask questions to help you understand your thoughts and feelings.
Coaching isn’t about giving you specific answers or recommending a particular route to follow. My aim is to give you space to think and talk freely about what you’re experiencing and why, explore the options you have and agree actions you can take to move forward positively.
Using a variety of coaching techniques, I’ll provide support to help you grow in confidence and make your own decisions about what is right for you. Over time these new skills will help change your mind-set so that change is no longer seen as destabilising and negative. You can embrace change (maybe even seek it out!) and know that you are capable of making the right decisions, achieve challenging goals and live your life to the full.
Is coaching right for me?
Coaching can help with almost every situation, change, challenge or dilemma. Whether it’s something you want to address at work or at home, if it’s important to you and you want to explore and understand it, or strive towards new goals, then coaching can help. Some examples of why you might use coaching:
- Understand your strengths and motivations in life and work
- Remove any fears, self-limiting beliefs or other barriers that might be holding you back
- Increase your confidence
- Find a positive way forward if you’re feeling fed up / stuck in a rut
- Improve your performance in a specific area
- Prepare for career changes or development
- Achieve a healthy work/life balance
- Be more productive
- Understand and work with your emotions
- Improve relationships
- Increase your emotional intelligence and resilience
- Make important decisions
- Set and achieve challenging goals at home and work
How many coaching sessions will I need?
This varies by client and situation, but to achieve lasting change I recommend 3-6 sessions for each challenge you want to tackle. After each session we’ll review progress and next steps. There’s no pressure to continue beyond what you find helpful and you’ll know when it feels right to finish.